YALSA names Teen Read Week™ Mini Grants winners
Books with Beat Teen Read Week
For Immediate Release
Thu, 08/12/2010 - 17:43
Contact: Stephanie Kuenn
CHICAGO — The Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA), a division of the American Library Association (ALA), announced the winners of its 10 Teen Read Week Mini Grants. The grants give each winning library $450 cash and $50 worth of official Teen Read Week products from ALA Graphics to offer inventive activities, resources and services to celebrate Teen Read Week, Oct. 17-23.
The 2010 Teen Read Week mini grants are funded by Team Teen Read Week. Thanks to Carolrhoda Lab, Random House, Scholastic, Sleeping Bear Press and Tor-Forge Books for their support of the Teen Read Week Mini Grants.
The ten winners are:
* Michelle Barnett, Providence K-8 School, Huntsville, Ala.
* Shannon Crawford Barniskis, Horicon (Wisc.) Public Library
* Susan Bohn, Hononegah High School, Rockton, Ill.
* Natalie Houston, Orange County Library System, Orlando, Fla.
* Audrey Kantner, Lancaster (Pa.) Public Library
* Maryrose Little, David Brearley Middle/High School, Kenilworth, N.J.
* Ann-Marie Marchant, Provo (Utah) City Library